Freitag, 6. Februar 2015

French Bench

Materials:
Sultan Luröy, 6 slats for the seat, 4 slats for the construct
Sultan Lade, several remaining pieces for the construct
2 Chairs Jokkmokk
Screws
Jig Saw
Colour & Wax



We had 2 old Jokkmokk chairs which were very unsteady in the meantime. So what to do with them? I don’t want to throw away old furnitures or wood an I always wanted to have a nice window seat in the living room. So the chairs were meant for creating a bench. 

First of all I parted the chairs because I only needed the back of the them and 2 feet. The back will be the new armrests and the 2 feet will be needed in the middle for stabilisation because I used the Sultan Luröy slats with 140 cm length (and this is really very long for the seat). 
I startet (with some help from my husband!) with creating the box for the seating. Therefore I screwd together 3 Sultan Lade slats (cut in the needed length) and 2 Sultan Luröy slats. For cutting the slats I simply used a jig saw, for screwing them together very long screws so I could be sure that it wouldn’t break down when someone sits on it. 



When the construct for the seating was finished I realised that the bench will need some more stabilasation. So 2 feet from the chair will give more stabilisation in the middle of the bench AND 2 more slats at the bottom in the front and on the backside. Now the construct was ready for painting.



I used Annie Sloan “primer red” and “chateau grey” and finised with a little bit sanding for the shabby style.



The 6 slats for the seat had already the right length (140 cm) and I stained them with grey and middle brown for creating an aged look. 



After screwing the slats and the wood on the bench I finished with 2 coats of clear wax. My new bench was ready for beeing our new window seat and I love it. I still have stored more old chairs in the cellar…..maybe I will have more benches in the future? 








Zu finden auch bei FREUTAG und Scharly Klamotte

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen